Do you own your mornings, or do your mornings own you?
If you race to the door minutes after you get up, you carry chaos into your workday. But if you set up a “preflight morning routine” for your workday filled with clarity and calm, that’s what you’ll carry into the office.
Studies show that about 8 percent of aviation disasters could have been averted by following the standard preflight routines prescribed by the Federal Aviation Administration.
If you’re not in control of your mornings, your days will control you.
In this episode, we talk about how you can design a morning routine that will help you cut at least 10 percent of your disaster workdays out of your life.
We cover six practices we’ve discovered that get us psyched for the workday and give us the energy to go hard all day.
If you find yourself rushing out the door at the last minute to get to work without giving yourself any time to go through a morning routine, this episode is for you.
If you find that you make bad decisions at work because you’re fatigued or lack energy, this podcast about owning your mornings will speak to you.
And if you want to better control your morning routine to better control your whole day, click play in the player above to get started.
Listen in to hear how to craft your preflight morning routine and more:
- Getting rid of 10 percent or more of your work disasters.
- What the former pilot of Air Force One taught me about routines.
- Working smarter, not harder to stay competitive in business.
- Why athletes have routines and why you should, too.
- The “freaky new-age” practice that will pump up your morning routine.
- How to win a Heisman (or win in your business).
- How to get 5 seconds ahead instead of staying 5 seconds behind.
- How eating early in the morning or late at night messes with your performance.
- The practices that will make you look and feel a decade younger.
- Three things you should never do before 10 a.m.
- How to become a morning person if you hate mornings
- Getting “me time” when your mornings are devoted to kids already.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Prepare for liftoff:
Morning routines help you set the tone for your entire workday.
They're just one of many business-enhancing things that high achievers in The Huddle will learn to do more effectively.
And that's going to help you take your business to a higher level.