Have you ever wondered what would happen if the plane you were on went down, Young Lions?
Have you ever tried to guess how you and others in that plane would react? Our guest today will share with you his experience of just that, and as he reveals, your life does flash before your eyes with total clarity.
On January 15, 2009, Dave Sanderson was on flight 1549 when the plane lost both its engines and crashed into a lake. He was the last passenger to make it off the back of the plane on that fateful day and the one who took major responsibility for the well-being and safety of others, even risking his own life in frigid waters as he helped other passengers off the plane.
Despite the hazards to himself, Sanderson thought only of helping others and emerged from the wreckage with a mission: to encourage others to do the right thing. Join me (Robert) as Dave shares with us the extraordinary experience that changed his life forever and the lessons he learned that can make your life better.
Dave’s Roar and Takeaway
“Resourcefulness is the best skill to have” @DaveSanderson2 via @Rustylionacadmy (Tweet it out!)
“You have to know your material. Always keep improving and educating yourself” @DaveSanderson2 via @Rustylionacadmy (Tweet it out!)
Tune into the episode now to hear Dave talk about:
- The major change that flight 1549 brought into his life. [02:03]
- Life before the plane crash. [03:04]
- Why he switched from the top of the restaurant business to the BOTTOM of the sales business. [05:23]
- How he ended up working for Tony Robins for 10 years! [07:20]
- The three most VALUABLE things he learned while working with Tony Robins. [09:01]
- Tony Robins’ secret to doing it all, and how YOU CAN do the same! [10:20]
- How he brought Coca-Cola to a company that already worked with Pepsi-Cola. [13:20]
- Brace for impact! The flight he should never have been on. [15:15]
- Why he screamed at a woman to throw her baby. [20:34]
- How all moments matter. Even the ones you don’t think they do. [25:05]
- Why if you CAN’T do it, then you MUST do it! [27:33]
- The one thing that you MUST have, or have nothing. [31:37]
- What you can do DAILY to change your life around. [32:32]
- The advice that will save not only your business but all your personal relationships too! [34:37]
Books and Resources Mentioned:
- The Time of Your Life by Anthony Robbins
- Moments Matter by Dave Sanderson
- The Fourth Turning by William Strauss and Neil Howe
How to Contact Dave:
Get ready to ROAR!
Share the Love
If you are finding value listening to the Rusty Lion Podcast, we can use your help. More men just like you can discover our podcast if you would take a minute to rate or review our show in iTunes.